The media response regarding our recent acquisition by New York-based Aetion, the leading regulatory-grade real-world evidence technology provider, was very positive.
A number of media that focus on healthcare, innovation, privacy and business issues covered the story during the first week of January 2022. From our vantage point, a few key themes emerged quite consistently. There was, for example, a recognition of Aetion’s strong position in the marketplace, and that the combined talents of Aetion and Replica will go a long way to help address the challenges associated with gaining access to real-world data to help solve important healthcare issues.
In the articles, Replica was recognized as both a trailblazer and pioneer in using AI to create high utility synthetic data, for having deep expertise in health data and for being a made-in-Canada global leader in developing privacy-enhancing technologies. The coverage also illustrated the societal and economic benefits of enabling and incentivizing some commercialization within academic research settings.
All this to say that if the reaction from the media, our clients and other stakeholders is any indication, we’re off to a great start. The announcement generated a good deal of interest, building on the interest in synthetic generation that we have already been experiencing, as the technology continues to grow in both awareness and adoption. We look forward to continuing to innovate and develop synthetic data generation technologies, as a subsidiary of Aetion.
Below, we’ve gathered a few of the articles about the acquisition here, for those who wish to read them:
· Real-world evidence firm Aetion grabs privacy-protected synthetic data provider Replica Analytics, published by Fierce Healthcare
· Aetion snaps up AI health data specialist Replica Analytics, published by Fierce Biotech
· Aetion snaps up synthetic real-world data company Replica Analytics, published by MobiHealthNews
· Aetion acquires Replica Analytics to bring aboard synthetic data capabilities, published by MedCity News
· Aetion acquires synthetic data trailblazer Replica Analytics, published by AIthority
· Synthetic data software maker Replica Analytics bought by New York firm, published by Ottawa Business Journal
· Aetion acquires AI-based synthetic health data solution article and then this editorial, published by the International Association of Privacy Professionals